One of the questions I get on a daily basis is “what do you use to take your pictures?” The generic answer is whatever is closest to me at the time. LOL! Ok, okay..to be more specific with details I decided to do this blog post. The complete answer could be one of 3 devices: whatever iPhone I have at the time (I currently have the 6+), my recently acquired Samsung Galaxy camera or the Canon Rebel Xs (which actually belongs to my daughter)
NOTE: A camera is another obsession of mine, it’s a good thing I don’t do drugs because I am truly dedicated. LOL!
1. The iPhone6+, well it’s the iPhone for crying out loud. Do you know how many hours I stayed up online to pre-order this baby? LOL. Honestly I crave the mobility Goldy gives me, yes I named my iPhone, what, you didn’t? I also enjoy the ability to edit and upload on the fly. Most of my pics are done with my iPhone6+ because well, it’s ALWAYS with me. Here is pic taken with my iPhone6+. UHM yeah that yarn and THAT hat…we’ll talk about that later.
2. The Samsung Galaxy camera I use because it has a 21x zoom capability. This is perfect when I do the craft shows and need to get close. It also has wifi capability so I can upload to Facebook and instagram right from the camera. It has a pretty decent edit capability as well. I got it on sale from Best Buy. I did some research because I knew someone would ask.
- Wi-Fi Camera with Android 4.3 for access to apps and sharing
- 21x Optical Zoom for Great Shots Up Front and From a Distance
- 4.8″ HD Super Clear Display – Huge Screen for Crisp and Beautiful
Here are some pics taken with the Samsung
3. The Canon Rebel XS is first and foremost my daughter’s camera..there I admitted it, you happy? LOL I want my own DSLR but why when she doesn’t use hers anymore. This is an older model so I couldn’t find many details. I used this when I really want to control the focus.
- 219.95 used on B&H.com
- 10 Megapixel
- 2.5″ LCD Monitor
- 3.0 fps Continuous Shooting
- Picture Style Settings
- interchangeable lens capability
Here are some pics taken today with the Canon
Ok so let me say this..after the pic is taken the editing begins and that is a different post. I promise to come back with the editing tools I use, whether on my phone, laptop or iPad. Another thing comes to mind while writing this and that is this..keep snapping. What I mean is take as many pics as you can and then pic your favorites. My brother always says I get the best pics of my nephew. Man, the way the little boy stays on the move, I snap a 100 pics before I get 1 that I like. LOL!
I hope this helps someone, please know I am no pro, I simply try and see what I get. I delete more than I save, trust me it is trial and error. Just go for it!